Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shannon Wilder Berry 1968-2013

On Sunday, November 29th, I got a call from my dad and found out that my brother, Shannon had passed away. I was so sad to hear the news. We don't know many details right now. We know Shannon was homeless and that he was in Northern California.A police officer called my dad and said they are going to do an autopsy and mail him all the information. 

I am so sad I never had the chance to get to know him as an adult. His life was very difficult and it made it hard for anyone to get close to him. He was 10 years older than me. I remember him most around the age of 18 which I am pretty sure is this photo:
 This one is age 14:
 I found a bunch of albums and there are a handful of motorcycle photos of Shannon. Mom wrote that Shannon loved to ride them.
 We had lots of photos of Christmas and birthdays. Shannon was only 44 when he died. I am deeply saddened that he had to go at such a young age. It seems that he could never get his life under control. I am hoping that we can find out a lot more in the coming weeks. I am pretty sure my brother struggled with addiction, just like my mom. 

 Here are my mom and Shannon. I am glad they can be reunited without having the physical limitations their bodies gave them on earth. I love them both and always will.

2 comments:

ellen said...

I'm so sorry. Losing a sibling is hard, no matter what the cause. I miss my brother every day.

jaleedalabiadh said...

very nice place and very interesting.

evening desert safari