Thursday, April 24, 2008

kids+art

If you ever want the chance to have to be on your "a-game" as a mom for a little over an hour, take your small children with some of their good buddies to an art museum loaded with fragile and precious historical works of art! Some friends and I took our kids to the Fogg Art Museum at Harvard yesterday morning.


It was a lot of fun once we figured out how to keep our little ones entertained in there. We were sure on our toes as the museum docents hovered over us and constantly notified us of our dangerous proximity to the showcase glass! We got the kids excited by pointing out depictions of injured soldiers, playing "I spy," and matching brochure photos to works in the galleries. The kids got into imagining boat paintings were paintings of ghost pirate ships and every dancer was a princess ballerina.


Our intimidating bunch

Then today I taught Joy School and had the kids mimic a Jackson Pollock painting we saw at the museum. It didn't take long till paint was splashing on my walls, shirt, and face! I should've seen that one coming!!

Yes, Noah IS about to cry in this picture! He gets a little moody sometimes when Joy School is at his house!
We also had a very happy birthday for Josh yesterday. He turned 28. The kids were so into it. PK told Josh happy birthday every free second she could.

3 comments:

robin marie said...

did you guys get to paint your place? it looks so fun! (kind of reminds me of our great colors in the green house!)

Annalee said...

Art musuems and kids, we all no how that goes. I love the hoy school idea! happy birthday Josh!

MegANDustin said...

Your family is so cute! I'm so glad you found my blog, because I love reading yours! I found it a few weeks ago through Paige :) Thanks for the compliment! Anna Low gave me the name of her stylist... her name is Olga and she's at Athena Salon on Boylston in Boston (617-267-3080). It was a little pricey but, let's face it, spending money to look good is generally worth it!