Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Full-time Job


Otherwise known as keeping Noah/kiddos entertained. When Noah is home from school he seems to have high expectations of what it's going to be like. I think it is partly because he hears about what Presley and Charlie get to do while he's at school and thinks he will get to do all of those things when he is home. He had big plans for his Christmas break. High on his list was a trip to the museum. I was searching high and low for freebies since we are saving up for a trip to Florida in February to visit my dad and Ruth in their winter hibernation spot. Josh spotted an opening on Wednesday afternoons at the Harvard Museum of Natural History where there is no entrance fee for local families. We were there!








These two are so close! Noah gets into Presley's bed every night and reads her stories with a flash light. We peek in there before we hit the hay and they are all snuggled up together. Noah is suddenly so into reading. He was quite overwhelmed about it since he was in kindergarten. All of a sudden it clicked and he is taking off and is so proud of himself. It is the most fun thing to watch. This is why I am loving first grade!



Noah has such a sense of humor! He posed like the monkey without my prompting! He is always making up riddles and knock knock jokes. He wants to invent the tallest bicycle and call it a "high cycle."



I LOVE this museum. a) it's only a few blocks from my house b) it is never crowded c) it's not too big where I am scared of losing a kid c) there are such great stuffed real animals and giant prehistoric skeletons the kids are always entertained.

Charlie ALWAYS says "uh-oh". It is so cute. It's usually when he or I drop something. I can't believe he is already 18 months!



For our other freebie outing we headed to IKEA. Noah and PK were playing in Smalland while Chuck and I romped around in the kids' room displays. Then we had ourselves a free feast. (kids get two meal items and a drink free till mid January). Tacky cheap skate or smart mom, you decide!:)